Skip to main content

Song Alert: Seasons by Hillsong

This is my second 'Song Alert' blog post 💃💃. 
Today, I stumbled on this song by Hillsong, as usual, the words in the song have ministered to me
and I hope that they do the same to you. The song reminds me that we go through seasons
in our lives, these seasons may change us, but it doesn't change our GOD. It doesn't change 
His promises to us. We are all going through a process of growth and at the end of each season,
we are renewed in HIM. 
Listening to this song, i'm reminded of the following scriptures:
“For there is hope for a tree—if it’s cut down, it sprouts again and grows tender, new branches. 
8-9 Though its roots have grown old in the earth, and its stump decays, it may sprout and bud 
again at the touch of water, like a new seedling. (Job 14: 7-9 TLB)
Everything is appropriate in its own time. But though God has planted eternity in the hearts
of men, even so, many cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
(Ecclesiastes 3:11 TLB)
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1 NLT)
My prayer for you today is that God will work out his purpose in every season of your life
and that you will allow Him. Let go and let God, His plans for you are way better than 
you can imagine or understand. Remember that in every season (no matter the season), 
He's still God and He's still good. 



Seasons by Hillsong
Words and Music by Chris Davenport, Benjamin Hastings & Ben Tan
VERSE 1
Like the frost on a rose
Winter comes for us all
Oh how nature acquaints us
With the nature of patience
Like a seed in the snow
I’ve been buried to grow
For Your promise is loyal
From seed to sequoia
PRE-CHORUS
I know
CHORUS
Though the winter is long even richer
The harvest it brings
Though my waiting prolongs even greater
Your promise for me like a seed
I believe that my season will come
VERSE 2
Lord I think of Your love
Like the low winter sun
As I gaze I am blinded
In the light of Your brightness
Like a fire to the snow
I’m renewed in Your warmth
Melt the ice of this wild soul
Till the barren is beautiful
BRIDGE
I can see the promise
I can see the future
You’re the God of seasons
I’m just in the winter
If all I know of harvest
Is that it’s worth my patience
Then if You’re not done working
God I’m not done waiting
You can see my promise
Even in the winter
Cause You’re the God of greatness
Even in a manger
For all I know of seasons
Is that You take Your time
You could have saved us in a second
Instead You sent a child
TAG
And when I finally see my tree
Still I believe there’s a season to come
VERSE 3
Like a seed You were sown
For the sake of us all
From Bethlehem’s soil
Grew Calvary’s sequoia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Stock

"And blessed  is  she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord." Luke 1:45 (KJV) "Now therefore, O LORD God, the word that You have spoken concerning Your servant and his house, confirm it forever and do as You have spoken," 2 Samuel 7:25 (NASB) Has the Lord given you a word?  Has it been fulfilled?  Hold on to His word in faith until it is fulfilled.  Give Him praise for fulling his word in your life. Be thankful and bless his name until you see it come to pass.  Mary heard the angel speak to her and he informed her of things to come. She believed, and there was a performance of the words that were spoken. David heard the words of God spoken to him through God's prophet and revealed to him by prophecy. He believed and prayed for its fulfillment.  Many times we receive a word from God, through revelation or through prophecy. What do we do with these words? Let's hold on to them

DIRECTIONS

I've been thinking about the paths that i'm meant to take in the coming months. Decisions, directions; I've been planning and praying. I've tried to explain my decisions to close friends, but some times, they aren't on the same frequency with me. Don't get me wrong, their questions are borne out of genuine care and love; but I know what I've heard, I know what convictions I have, I'm certain about these decisions and I'll follow through with God's leading and stick to the plan. It might not make sense in the immediate, but with God, I trust that he will illuminate the path ahead of me.  And in concurrence with my situation, my devotional couldn't have said it better! STREAMS IN THE DESERT They were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the Word in Asia ( Acts 16:6 ). It is interesting to study the methods of His guidance as it was extended towards these early heralds of the Cross. It consisted largely in prohibitions, when they atte

Still Dreaming?

There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish ... (Philippians 1: 6 MSG) Reminiscing, I wonder what happened to my dreams. The good old days when I thought anything and everything was possible? Once I wanted to do the impossible, be the best, stand out from the rest. Then life happened.... then I got so caught up in the day to day of life, I forgot about my dreams of grandeur. What happened? Why did I forget? I watched a movie a while ago and a child was saying "... children can see because they believe easier than adults." That point stuck in my mind. I remember when the Law was my dream, practice was what I lived for... it happened, and then I wanted more ... Last week I had a rude awakening. Two episodes reminded me of the possibilities I had dreamed up.  I sat in a flight next to a freshman and she was so full of excitement about the possibilities schoo